Daughters first birthday

okay so her birthday is coming, and I am deciding how much to limit myself on spending. Here lies the problem. I also have a step son, who we usually spend about 100.00 on for his birthday, BUT because his parents are separated he goes to his moms and gets tons more presents. I need to figure this out now so that it doesnt bite me in the ass when she gets older. Should she get more from us because her parents are still together and its not her fault that he has the advantage of getting double the presents? Please dont bash I really dont know what to do

LuvsDanika

Asked by LuvsDanika at 10:48 AM on Apr. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• She is not trying to compete. She doesn't want her daughter to feel as though she isn't getting the same # of gifts.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:55 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I already answered this and it said no question found. Anyway, I think you should spend the same on each. Usually, boys toys are much more expensive so, he will get less gifts than her because girls toys are usually cheaper . . ya know? She probably won't know the difference.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:25 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Spend the same on both kids. Why are you wanting to compete with your stepchilds mother?
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 11:46 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Is your ss still pretty little? If so then I'd wait to worry about it when they are bigger, they won't know if he's little too. I, personally, would have a hard time limiting my self.
    lilnivy

Answer by lilnivy at 4:59 PM on Apr. 30, 2009