Since Ive been layed off, My husband and I fight all the time.

It has gotten so bad he has told me we just need to get a divorce. Because he never has money for the things he wants to buy. Ive looked everywhere for a job. I'm trying so hard. I hate to hear him say things like this. What can I do to make him see that I am trying and that a relationship is more then just money.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• He wants a divorce because since you were layed off he hasn't been able to buy WANTS with the money you brought in? How selfish can you be. Frankly, and I know it's easier said than done, but why stay married to someone who only wants you for the money you make so he can have a new TV?

And I'd kindly point out that when you get divorced and he has to pay alimony AND child support he'll have even LESS money to buy the things he "WANTS"!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:09 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Tell him to read the paper. There is a major recession going on. It's not you. Tell him to email Obama and the state Congressmen. tell him budgeting isn't a four letter word. It's ok to want things but things are not more important than a good wife.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:22 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• exactly. tell him he thinks he's broke now...he will be paying you and all the bills in his single income apartment.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• What the hell does he want to buy? Faberge Eggs? Pec implants? Jeez whaddababy.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 11:38 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Tell him to grow up and get over it.You are obviously trying to improve your situation.And that's all you can do.It sounds like you love him.Lord only knows why we do.I'd have to tell him to just get over it.If you are not working, he will have to pay alimony.HA HA!See if he wants that divorce still.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 11:45 AM on Apr. 30, 2009