What should I do?

My boyfriend dislikes my children, and I have no idea how to help him out. He tries, but they just get on his nerves. We have been together for 2 years and living together for 1 year and a half.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Apr. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• You're a package deal, sweetie, and if he doesn't get that, he can get gone.
    On the other hand, it took my SO a while to get used to fatherhood, and he IS the father of our son. How does he treat them? Does he yell at them when it's not necessary? Does he curse at them? Does he ignore them? If he's not treating them right, he's also disrespecting you! What's more important to you?
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 12:06 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• If it were me, and I have been in your shoes, the boyfriend gets the boot.

Do not allow a boyfriend to pick you but hate your babies. Not acceptable. Kick his butt out. I had that happen and my son was just starting to walk. Boyfriend was home with my son when I was at work and we were engaged at the time. I would come home and my little one crawled as fast as he could to get to me. It didn't click till later that bf was mean to him. We went to sleep one night and my son was teething and crying. BF got up with the baby and began cussing him out! I couldn't believe it. My son was a year old and he held my baby up like he was going to hurt him. I kicked his ass out that night. He told me he wanted me and not the baby. F**k off! Baby was here before you...get to steppin! Haven't seen him since.

IF he doesn't like your kids then it will get worse if you stay. They will be hurt.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 11:33 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I agree with lilbit . . . bye bye. How can he not like your children?
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:34 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Leave. He's not your husband, so your kids come first. So leave.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 11:44 AM on Apr. 30, 2009