what would you do?

If you found out that your husband doesnt love you but you love him. And there is no chance of getting back together on either part. But you both want to raise your kids together. Would you live as "roommates" to let the kids have both parents...or not. There would be no fighting and no bringing other females/males home or talkin to them period...Its for the kids

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Apr. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• I would not live with him. That would add confusion. Plus, how are you suppossed to move on, date, whatever. I mean, how do you think your new man would feel if you still lived with your [ex] husband?
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 11:09 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I wouldn't do it but I guess if you can both come to some kind of agreement it could work.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 11:10 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I would keep trying. After a while, love has nothing to do with marriage. You have to FIGHT for it, even if he isn't. Go get this book - Love & Respect by Emerson Eggerichs and Becoming the Woman of His Dreams by Sharon Jaynes.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 11:44 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• no i couldnt do that.
    sounds like a woman could use it as the excuse for him to still live with her since she still loves him.
    Anonymous

• The way the housing is right now I would say to live together as roommates. A lot more people are doing this these days. Good Morning America did a show on it in Feb. Its good for the kids to have both parents in the house. 

- http://www.ramblingsofasahm.com/

Vanessannd

Answer by Vanessannd at 1:28 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• That would never work in reality. Both sides need to move on & move out, while continuing to cooperate on parenting issues. The things you would be teaching your children would be far more harmful to them than having parents who live seperately. If you are really concerned about time spent with the kids a better option would be to live in the same block or apartment building, but only if both parents could stay out of the other's private lives.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 2:18 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• What's the point of not being married if you can't live your life like you want it. (With the no talking to other people) I understand not bringing them into the home but the rest sounds crazy,
    lilnivy

Answer by lilnivy at 4:55 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• You will not be happy being roommates. You deserve to be happy, so please move on with your life!

Answer by rkoloms at 7:04 PM on Apr. 30, 2009