I'm due in a matter of weeks and my oldest boy, Ty, is going on two. He throws a fit when he has to go to bed in his own bed...what do I do to stop that because he will be sharing a room with the newborn

mamaty0607

Asked by mamaty0607 at 11:11 AM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Just don't put the baby in the room until after he is asleep, you could try keeping the baby in your room for the first few weeks and then moving it over to it's own room (sorry for saying "it") once your oldest is sleeping better they will learn to adjust and most likely won't notice each other.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 12:07 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Yeah my DD kept her room and our DS shared with us. I think it's better she has her own space. He will get his own room when we move to a bigger house.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 12:45 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• My boys are 17 months apart. I kept the new baby in my room with me until he was sleeping through the night. That way there was much less of a chance of them waking each other up, and I had the newborn right there for nighttime feedings. It also gave the toddler a little more time to grow up, get used to his own sleeping routine etc.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 1:36 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• i agree with maggiemom. thats what i would say
    ClvDandJ

Answer by ClvDandJ at 2:42 PM on Apr. 30, 2009