If Ebay/Paypal seller does not have funds in account than what?

I bid and won a Hannah Montana bike and helmet for 79.50 and the helmet came but no bike so I wrote the seller and did a paypal claim and I am in favor but they say the seller has no funds so what happens than?I thought Paypal was safe to use.

sassylitmom

Asked by sassylitmom at 11:31 AM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Shopping

• You need to make a claim with ebay too. That happened to me once and ebay refunded me my money back.
    sunshinestar110

Answer by sunshinestar110 at 11:47 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• She deleted her ebay account
    sassylitmom

Answer by sassylitmom at 11:56 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• You should still report it to ebay, they should have records of her information. I don't know that you'll get your money back but they may be able to do something for you. Sorry this happened.
    Mommy22boys

Answer by Mommy22boys at 12:00 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• My mom had a similar problem before. Something she bought did not arrive & she contacted ebay/paypal. It stated in the policies that buyers would receive their money back up to a certain amount. The thing that she paid for was less than that amount so she should have gotten all of her money back, but she only received a portion of it because she was told that the seller did not have enough money in her PayPal account. It didn't make any sense since the policies stated otherwise. Good luck!
    soccermom0002

Answer by soccermom0002 at 1:36 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Make sure you file claims with both Ebay/Paypal. If you paid by Paypal,that money is supposed to be insured; thats the reason they want you to use paypal. You did a dispute? Ebay will have record of information and so will paypal. Call them,dont try to resolve online. Good luck. I would Be LIVID..
    guardmp_MOM

Answer by guardmp_MOM at 3:05 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• just make your claim with ebay. Ebay own paypal, so you have a chance to get ebay to refund you.... unless the seller close her credit card and bank account linked to her paypal :)
    savingjmom

Answer by savingjmom at 6:09 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Ebay has nothing to do with getting your money back. Open a dispute with PayPal---they will get your money back.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on May. 1, 2009

• They take it out of their bank account tha they have to have in order to get Paypal and there is a transfer fee from your bank accoutn to the Paypal account.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 7:05 AM on May. 1, 2009

• In your case they will not charge you for the fee but the seller. Call paypal and tell them what ahppened they have policies too and can get your money back but it could take awhile.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 7:08 AM on May. 1, 2009

• When ebay finds out who the person is you can take them to small claims court.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:30 AM on May. 1, 2009