My birthday and my daughters birthday are the same week. I will be 21 - she will be 1. I am going to throw her a big b-day party. Would it be really corny to make a double b-day party for the both of us?

She will only be one so she won't understand it - I obviously wouldn't try having a party with her when she was older. It's just an important birthday for the both of us - and if I invite everyone to hers and they come - they aren't going to want to go to the same house for my party a week later. And this would be the last birthday party that I ever have for myself I'm sure. So would you do it for just the first birthday? Or is this a really lame idea ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Apr. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• I suppose you could do that. Make the first part her party and then the second part can be yours.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:41 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• My bday is sept 30 and my sons is oct 1st so its the very next day. I think since she is so young it wont be a big deal at all. I think youre guests would appreciate coming to a joint party.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 11:41 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Sorry but I think that's a little corny. You're turning 21. So have her big party and then the night you turn 21, meet all your friends at the bar! That's what you do on your 21st birthday.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 11:42 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I think it sounds like fun.Corny or not. You could get matching outfits.If your gonna be corny, do it right :D
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 11:53 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• i think that would be very sweet! the big 2-1 and the big 0-1 ! just like a baby shower is the celebrate the baby and the new mommy, a big bday for the both of you would be very nice! try not to make it overwhelming and keep the guestlist small!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 12:08 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I like it also, I would go all out. Your right about her not remembering, but you would have great memories of the day you both hit big milestones!

I say go for it and have fun!
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 12:40 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Corny maybe but you are allowed. i think you could make it cute!!
    mrsfitz05

Answer by mrsfitz05 at 1:57 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• i say go for it, do it as a double..then when your child goes to bed you can realllllllllly go celebrate..lol..have fun! and happy birthdays!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:48 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• it would be sweet for you 2 to have it once together,like you said she is only one but it would be super to have this first great memory,well second actually,her birth was the greatest:]:]:];]:];]
    having your first b-day toghether will be a great memory,keep it fun,sweet and clean and have a ball.:]:];];]:];];]
    momindistress08

Answer by momindistress08 at 4:57 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• ok my comp and I are fighting, let me try again. I have always shared my birthday with my mom and uncle. we have all three on the first saturday in April (or the saturday before April 6th) I love it that way, less stress, and i hate being the focus of attention- it is more like christmas and opening presents lasts longer, because we take turns... I am 26.. and my mom is also 20 years older than me
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 6:54 PM on Apr. 30, 2009