What do you think?

I'm half listening to The View at the moment. I just caught a comment from a guest who said that "monogamy isn't programed into human DNA". Do you agree?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I agree that, for most species, it is not programmed into MAMMAL dna, and we just so happen to be mammal's. Monogamy has been enforced by religious practices and has just become the way we do things, but if you look into ancient civilizations, it was not always this way.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 11:42 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I am watching it to LOL. I don't agree with the site they are talking about that's for sure. But it is proven that monogamy isn't part of our nature, going back to our caveman days, BUT we still have free will, and can choose what we do or don't do, so although we aren't programmed we sure as hell can make a choice!
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 11:47 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I agree with that. I also agree that there is not not one right person for everyone. But at the same time I am way to jealous to let my husband be with anyone else!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I believe that our ability to control our sexual urges is what seperates us from the animals. It may not be in our DNA, especially men, but I think it is the right thing to do by your children.
    Anonymous