Affair, what is the most painful part?

To me it would be the thought of another woman loving my husband as much as I do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• My DH hasn't had an affair, but if he did, the hardest part to me would be that fact that he didn't love me enough to go and do that.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 12:19 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• The hardest part is deciding if your marriage is worth it and worth trying to work it out and get past it. Having an affair for a man has nothing to do with love. Its usually just the sex and the thrill for them. If he were to love someone else the same way as me then our marriage wasn't what I thought it was but an affair can happen because they are missing something in their lives or its something they have the desire to do without thinking of the consequence.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 12:21 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• it would certainly hurt me if my SO was ever with another woman. that would be enough proof for me that he wasnt serious about our relationship especially after having a baby together. my ex fiance had an emotional affair with a couple girls and it really harmed our relationship.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 12:22 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• The lieing and being dishonest. I would have trouble believing anything from that porint on. In my mind I would question everything wondering what was the truth.
    Shaqbe4u

Answer by Shaqbe4u at 12:25 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• The betrayal. My ex was my best friend and I thought we had everything together.
    and the sex. was wonderful !!! ( for him, because I faked an orgasm everytime, and we had sex well over a billion times :P.. he started to get self conscience when I told him I wasnt getting there so I did it to make him feel better, not smart of me, but I tried different things till it happened, never did) HES the one who ended up cheating though.
    Finding out that theyre not the person you thought they were. Finding out he would make another woman feel as special as he made you feel. and knowing that she loved him the same way you might have.
    And in my opinion, any woman that knows they are having an affair, has PERSONAL SELF ISSUES!
    Anonymous

• I think one of the most painfull aspects of it was ananlyzing about what was going on in your marriage BEFORE the affair started. Most times, and affair is a symptom of a bigger problem, of course some people just have NO business being in a monogomus marriage. But eventhough the person having the affair is SOLEY responsible for that act, more often than not, both parties share in the problems of their marriage before the decision to have an affair was ever made, and to me, that would be the most difficult
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:33 PM on Apr. 30, 2009