NC cuts State Employees' pay

NC has announced it will cut all state employees' pay including teachers. They're going to continue all "entitlement" programs 100%. So, this means, if you don't work, you get money at the same rate. If you do work, you get to take a pay cut so the nonworkers can keep their money. We even have a lottery earmarked for education, but there is no money. The law said the lottery proceeds must go to education, but the money has been "redirected". Our governor is even using next year's fed. stimulus money for this year. Money we don't even have yet is being spent. How can a state which had a "balanced" budget in November be $3 billion dollars and rising in the red? Fuzzy math or campaign lies to get another democrat elected or both? I need to move to Fiji!

jesse123456

Asked by jesse123456 at 12:19 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Welcome to Obamas Entitled States of America. Those who work need to sacrifice their income to fund those on entitlement. Yet there is no exit strategy to get people off of entitlement.
    myame

Answer by myame at 12:54 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• It will get even worse when the state runs out of the stimulus money for the entitlement programs and the state has to pick up the slack. Better brush up on your Chinese. Rosetta Stone, anyone?
    Anonymous

• And this surprises you how? There is no longer any reason or incentive to work. I gave my job away April 1, now only working 5 hours a day on my billing, I had no incentive to make more either.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 1:31 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Oh, akinbottom2, I'm not surprised. If anything, I'm disappointed. NC historically elects dem. gov.'s who have fed us this same crap and don't even try to rename it. When Hunt left office, the new gov., Mike Easley, claimed we were $4 mil. in the hole which quickly became $40 mil. He claimed to have balanced the budget before he left. Now we are $3 bil. in the hole. Is there a politician we is capable of telling the truth? We are all adults. We can take the truth. We will support just about any plan which has a snowballs chance in hell of being successful. Stop treating us like poor, stupid, and mentally ill unable to deal with the problems of real life.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 2:05 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Of course blame Obama but say nothing towards Bev Perdue...well I'll say it and I am a proud democrat. She is a backwoods hick with no knowledge on the running of a state. She was voted in out of a fad to get a woman elected, the first woman gov. of NC. I was highly pissed when she went to Washington to represent the state looking like a pig with lipstick. I am not in the least pleased with her performance. It doesn't seem to matter that she is the one who can't balance a budget with or without entiltlements. I say NC should quickly get her out or at the very least call Jim Hunt out of retirement and demand he show her a thing or two.
    Ladycwells

Answer by Ladycwells at 2:27 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Ladycwells, you seem to know a lot about hate. I have seen a lot of your remarks calling others out about their supposed hate of Obama, yet here you are running your mouth with rhetoric. Just because you don't like the lady doesn't mean other's don't. Get over yourself and look around. We aren't all the same and we don't all think alike. Oh, and your pp comes off as very sexist.
    Anonymous

• Jesse
    We have a Republican retiring and leaving an open seat that will most likely go Democrat, and McCaskill who spent all day yesterday physically picking up the Obama droppings left from under his tail with her bare hands. At one point she hugged and kissed the man, I always thought she wanted to be another Hillary, but at least Hillary didn't kiss Obama's arse. We can't do anything here in MO but continually raid meth houses( we have the highest rate in the US) and bust parents for child abuse and molestation. Our budget is the least of societal issues right now.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 2:55 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Anon I will address you when I find someone to address.
    Ladycwells

Answer by Ladycwells at 3:00 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Oh but thanks for following me around. You really should get your own life.
    Ladycwells

• Considering what teachers get paid, they may be better off on welfare. I understand cuts, but not THOSE cuts. Without an educated public, they country will go down hill. Cutting teacher's pay is not an acceptable way to balance the budget.

And I'm a homeschooler!
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 3:37 PM on Apr. 30, 2009