Back and neck pain after epidural??

My neck and back have been hurting ever since I got home from the hospital and I dont remember it lasting this long last time. And since im kinda young(20) im scared to call the doctor to get my script refilled because I think theyre gonna judge me and think that im gonna abuse it or something but the ibuprofen just isnt doing it for me.... Any advice?? Oh and has anyone else ever had pain from the epidural??

ladybug.ky88

Asked by ladybug.ky88 at 12:26 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My back hurt from the injection site but other than that I tried to exist without the pain killers. I had a c-section so I had other pain to focus on instead of my spine. Sorry you're feeling so bad. Tell the doc.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 12:28 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• not neck pain but yes it goes away in time usually! at least it is not the headache!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 12:29 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I had it for about a week. Nothing major the tylenol 3 didn't cure but I refused to take anything else. Your probably sore from the pushing and the strain on your back the whole pregnancy and labor. Try massage and sitting in a warm bath to loosen the muscles. If you notice headaches and dizziness and a fever then it could be a wet tap and you would need to go to the hospital asap.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 12:29 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I still have lower back pain from the epidural and my DD is 9 months old. My friend has a 12 month old and she still has lower back pain b/c of it.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 12:31 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• omg i had bad neck pain.. it was horriable .. i think part of it is i was soooo tense bc i was scared and i was using muscle i never use!! but i am scared too death of needles soo i was tensed up BAD
    Anonymous

• Neck pain could be caused by spinal fluid leaking out of your spinal cord. Definitely, call your doctor and let him know. I had a spinal headache and neck pain for 1 week after my c-section. It was not fun. And pain meds do nothing to stop the pain. I had to get a blood patch done. That's where they take blood out of your arm and insert it into your spianl cord...to hard to explain it all here. But, you should really call your doctor. Good luck!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 12:38 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Don't be afraid to call the doc, this probably isn't the first time he has seen an epidural reaction. I had back pain at the injection sight for three years after I had my son. I wish they had told me that it was possible that I would be in chronic pain as a result of the epi, I would have opted out.

dreyamom

Answer by dreyamom at 12:40 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• when i had my son i had a epidural when i was 22 i had bad back pain for 6 months its was horrible im pregnant now im 4 sure not gonna get an epidural this time..but u should call ur dr if ur in pain...good luck i hope u feel better
    rissa1789

Answer by rissa1789 at 1:15 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Your back sufferd the most during pregnancy and during labor your pelvis moves so it has to hurt after giving birth, if the pain is tu much call the doctor but if you are brest feeding thing about tahe baby.
    stephania01

Answer by stephania01 at 1:16 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I had back pain after my first 6 1/2yrs ago still. But only when I'm on my back and I really can't get up unless I roll over. But I don't lay on my back now cause I'm pregnant.
    Anonymous