my DH told me i look pregnant!!!!!! (im not)

Would u be mad if your DH never lets you go to the gym, knows you hate the way you look and then says jeese your starting to look pregnant again..are you!!!!!

I wanted to cry for 2 days!
I had a baby 7 months ago and been depressed and cant seem to loose the 60lbs i put on during my pregnancy.

WOuld u be mad? or would u just tell me to get off my bum and do something about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• DH needs severely smacked in the face!!!!!!!!!!!
    jreneei

Answer by jreneei at 12:30 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I would get off my butt and do something about it for myself if it bothered me that much. How does he not let you go to the gym? Get in the car and go. he can watch your child or find a friend who will so you can work out. If your not happy with your weight then do something about it for you and your child and not for him. I would tell my husband to shove it up his as* as well because he looks pregnant as well. He gained all the weight for me so I am the same size I was before my daughter.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 12:32 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I suffer from depression bad enough to kp me home bound! I was going to the gym faithfuly until my bd stated shit about it(I was being accused of meeting someone or trying to "look good" to get attention elsewhere) and I gradually stopped going and since I put back on the 30lbs I had lost!!! I hate it!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 12:39 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• LOL I second that! Hit him in the tummy! Now!!!!
    kylesboo

Answer by kylesboo at 12:46 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• First off. Your husband needs to be hit over the head with a frying pan. (not really, just a metaphor). He needs to realize that that was an insensitive thing to say. To ANY woman, but especially his wife.

Second, why do you have to go to the gym to work out? Go for a walk, or a run, get outside and play with your kids, or do what I do, put on some rockin' music and dance for about 10-30 minutes a day. It makes a HUGE difference in your mood as well as helping you lose weight. I am happier when I do it.

Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 12:48 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Your a grown woman what do you mean he never LETS you go to the Gym? Maybe start small.. Walk twice a day, get an exercise ball and do ab. Even working around the house burns calories. Watch what you eat. Cut out "whites". Ban Soda's ( empty calories). Sounds like your metabolism needs a boost. It can be done. BUT if you like the way you look ( which I can tell you dont) then tell him to go to hell... He should be more supportive. Give him a taste of his own medicine. Guys can be knocked down a peg as well!
    Anonymous

• I would be extremely hurt if my DH said that to me. But just so you know, weight loss is 80% diet, not exercise. Start eating clean. Lots of lean protein and fruits and veggies, no processed food. You don't even have to worry about counting calories, just eat clean. Also, exercise will help with the depression, whether it be dancing around the living room or just taking walks with you LO or playing at the play ground.
    You may want to let your DH know that what he said is very hurtful, keep it simple and then act on getting the weight off. Don't continue to dwell on it, be proactive.
    Then, for a little bit of sweet revenge, once you loose the weight and are smokin' hot, tell him he can't touch, lol!
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 12:59 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• You don't need a gym. work out at home. There are plenty of online exercise sites to help you get back in shape. Take that negative energy and channel it to make yourself feel better. Work out and show his sorry and rude self that you still rock. You just had a child. It takes time but you can do this.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:32 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• yes you have a right to be upset & hurt
    that being said I'd still DO something about it. & like pp has said you do NOT need a gym to lose weight. i have lost about 20lb & have yet to step into a gym :)
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 2:00 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I would not get mad if it was true. I'd do something about it and I'd use his words to me as a way to make that happen. Heading out for the gym or into the bedroom for a workout DVD "I'm going to work out!" He says boo about it, I'd say "Well, I wanna get this fat off darnitall, now watch the monkey so I can do that!"
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 2:19 PM on Apr. 30, 2009