Ok I'm Lookin To Take Up A Hobby With Scrap Booking?!

Could you all explain what goes into the scrap books... I really need a hobby... I see all my friends on here talking bout scrap booking n I wanna do it too!!! LOL

HoneyBee06

Asked by HoneyBee06 at 12:43 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• i'm not that into it but I worked at Michaels arts and crafts for many years and met many scrapbook fanatics. you need a cover and you can grab as much loose paper as you want. you can use borders, stickers, photos, articles....it all depends on the theme and they are fun to look back at! MIL got me a scrapbook kit at my baby shower, but the way this one worked was to give an envelope full of the materials to family/friends so they can contribue to the scrapbook and when I get them all back I'll have a scrapbook!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 12:48 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• basically different types of papers, colors pens, strings, anything to make tiny objects look "real", maybe even stuff from outside instead of buying it. Like if you are doing a page on hiking, you could get some dirt, leaves, flowers, tiny rocks, and glue it on your page like a trail then past a picture and another trail and again paste a picture.. It could be very inexpoensive you just have to think about ideas and things you could use. thats what i do :)
    Anonymous

• There are lot of magazines and even a few tv shows on DIY network for scrapbooking. I first got started with the basics from Creative Memories (a direct selling company for scrapbooking) and then starting buying my own things at craft stores or using things like concert tickets and such in my scrapbooks!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:03 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Lots of time, money and creativity. I love scrapbooking, it is relaxing. I am in a scrapbook club, we meet monthly to scrap together. We share ideas and materials.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:20 PM on May. 1, 2009