Removing a belly button ring

When is an appropriate time to take my belly button ring out?

mhtblu

Asked by mhtblu at 12:59 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I took mine out pretty quickly after I found out that I was pregnant...it just seemed like the right thing to do. My doc told me that some women leave them in the whole time - which I think is crazy...I guess anytime before you start showing would be good!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 1:00 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I took my out when i was 7 months, my belly button was visible inside and i know that it will start to poke out so that is when i did and guess what my belly button didnt even poke out it was just even with my round belly lol. I have see moms who took it out and it closed and it left stretch mark b/c the ring was in there to help it stretch properley with the growing belly. use lots of lotion!
    Anonymous

• Mine worked it's way through the skin right before I found out i was pregnant. you actually don't have to remove it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:07 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• When it gets uncomfortable or you don't like the way it looks anymore. You don't have to take it out unless you get uncomfortable or it starts stretching the piercing in ways you don't like the look of.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:47 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• With my daughter I took it out around 4 months. With my on it became uncomfortable around 7 months so I took it out at that time.
    Habibti812

Answer by Habibti812 at 2:13 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• they have pregnancy belly rings.
    stars_silly

Answer by stars_silly at 2:59 PM on Apr. 30, 2009