Why is Obama so belittling to average Americans(tea bag comment)?

2mothershelpers

Asked by 2mothershelpers at 1:07 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• It's not possible for BO to belittle me, although I can see how others might feel that he's trying to belittle them. Those who belittle others usually do so simply because they disagree with the other person but can't argue intelligently. And this is a typical liberal way of handling disagreements in doctrine...
    ProudTexan71

Answer by ProudTexan71 at 6:42 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Apparently liberals only encourage free speech when they are the ones speaking. Funny how that works, huh?
    myame

Answer by myame at 1:13 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I don't feel belittled by him in the slightest, and I consider myself an average American =)
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:14 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I just think more then half the crap that comes out of his mouth is just that, crap.

- www.RamblingsOFaSAHM.com

Vanessannd

Answer by Vanessannd at 1:17 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• He's only belittling to the people who have the balls to disagree with him.

He seems to forget they vote, too.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:20 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• How is the comment belittling average Americans? It's saying that you cannot blame the deficit on the Recovery Act.

The truth is that even though so many claim they were upset by the spending that Bush did, we didn't hear any complaining until Obama took office. There definitely weren't tea parties before he took office.

Here is the comment in context:

"Those of you who are watching certain news channels on which I'm not very popular, and you see folks waving tea bags around, Obama said, "let me just remind them that I am happy to have a serious conversation about how we are going to cut our health care costs down over the long term, how we are going to stabilize Social Security."

"But," Obama continued, "let's not play games and pretend that the reason [for the deficit] is because of the Recovery Act"

I am NOT offended. And I am as average as they come.

Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 1:23 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• For a POTUS to make a comment regarding it is alarming enough, but to make the comments he made when he made them, in a topic where it didn't need to be brought up makes you wonder. It wasn't on a teleprompter so it must be on the forefront of his thoughts. Good for him.
    The July 4th rallies should be just as effective, Good for us!
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 1:28 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Arrogance...he is still enjoying his "celebrity" status and probably has a "pi$$ on them" attitude towards the little guys, that is what I see in him.
    army_wife2000

Answer by army_wife2000 at 1:39 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I don't see where it is belittling?
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:46 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• How can he cut health care costs when he is making it free and available for all. And where is he going to get this money? Thats right! Your wallet. Healthcare is most expensive when its free. And the waiting period, and having the government stand between you and your dog deciding if you should get treated for whatever illness. Besides that A GOVERNMENT THAT IS STRONG ENOUGH TO GIVE YOU EVERYTHING THAT YOU NEED CAN TAKE IT AWAY!!!
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 1:53 PM on Apr. 30, 2009