What Age Does Baby Start Sitting At?

I am wondering what age babies start sitting up good and what age do they begin to crawl. My baby's physical Therepist said around 7-8 months for sitting. I thought it would be sooner. (my baby is sitting pretty well and she started at 5 1/2 months)

Francinab

Asked by Francinab at 1:07 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i agree with the first answer. my daughter is starting to sit up and she will be three months on the 5th. i read somewhere that most children roll front to back before sitting up but there are the few children who sit up before rolling and even skip rolling alltogether. her ped. just said help her in what she wants to do, if she wants to roll let her roll, she wants to sit help her sit.

Always
    ~Syl~
    Fae-Lee
    F43L34

Answer by F43L34 at 1:15 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Depends on the individual kid. Some at 4 months, aome at 10 months.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:08 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I think the average is 5 months.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 1:11 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I've been told, and experienced that anywhere between 4 an 8 months they can sit on their own. then between 6 an 9 months they crawl, and a soon as that happens they crawl over to the nearest couch or chair and pull themselves up to stand! It all happens so fast! but There is a wide range of normal.
    all of my kids were around the same; sit at 6 mo,/ crawl at 61/2 mo, / stand at 7 mo. / teeth at 7 mo. / walk holding on to furniture around 8 mo. / walk alone at 10 or 11 mo( for the girls, still waiting on the boy)
    Anyway hope that helps. :)
    mommyk5

Answer by mommyk5 at 1:44 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• They're all different. Mine sat unassisted at 4 and 5 months.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:57 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• My son was sitting at 5 months
    Army crawling at 6 months and real crawling at 7 months
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 2:07 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• At 6 months my son could sit on his butt he just couldn't hold his back up straight. He crawled at 7 months and was finally ale to sit all the way up at 8 months. It was weird though because he couldn't do it until he learned to sit up himself. I could sit him down and he would just lean forward but it wasn't he learned how to actually pull himself up into a sitting position that he was able to sit properly.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 3:10 PM on Apr. 30, 2009