My 16 month old just grabbed my hot flat iron!!

The cord was hanging down off of the counter, she grabbed it and put one hand on each of the irons.

She started screaming so i ran toward her took it, and put it up. Her hands are red, and you can see blisters forming.

I gave her a cold wash cloth , while my hubby grabbed the neosporin.
He put some on her, and we covered her hands with socks.

Is there anything else i can do to help her?

Please no bashing!! I turned around for 1 second and she had it. Things happen, and i am not a bad mom over it.

mommyofAurora

Asked by mommyofAurora at 1:08 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Just call your pedi hun.
    Anonymous

• We dont have a ped. Were working on getting insurance right now, we just moved from one state to the next, so we dont have insurance.
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 1:11 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• omg. Sorry about that. When I was a baby I rolled over one of those large heater vents and burned my back. My mom said she spread peanut butter over it and put a cotten t-shirt on me. I don't know if it worked but thats an old time remedy if you know what I mean.
    Francinab

Answer by Francinab at 1:11 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• i would take her to the er because you are probably looking at a 2nd or 3rd degree burn. you may way to make sure she doesn't have nerve damage.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 1:11 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Well look up a number in the telephone book and call one! I'm sure they will still give you advice.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 1:12 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• cold water let it be on her 15 min cool the skin NOW ICE TOO
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 1:12 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• OO well I really don't know. If it looks bad ebough even without ins. you may need to take her to an urgent care. Google online about burns and look for a free nurse line.

Anonymous

• Call 911 and they will guide you!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 1:12 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Take a look at them. Run them under cold water. If the blisters break and the skin sluffs off take her to the dr. as soon as you can.
    I was making dinner 1 night and poured boiling water into a boil and it shattered, I got some on my thigh. Had second degree burns from it. Emergency room visit for me yeaah!
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 1:13 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• You can ice it too but don't let it get too cold because it can get frost bite too!
    MommaM2