Would you ever consider egg donation as an income source?

I live in metro Detroit, Michigan and its IMPOSSIBLE to get a job anywhere. Half of the businesses are closing anyway and with all the folks in the auto industry getting laid off there is a lot of competition even to get a job at Walmart. I am considering doing egg donation because I know the pay is decent. What are your thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:14 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Money & Work

• I would, and I would be a surrogate mom. Hubby doesn't want me to do either though.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 1:17 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• How often can you donate though? Would you be able to do it every cycle and get paid the same each time?
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 1:20 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I've thought about it, not because of financial part of it but that would be a plus. I had to deal with the opposite side were my DH is sterile.
    Anonymous

• I thought about it, but you don't really get a lot of money for it for what you have to go through. I have a hard time with synthetic hormones, and the clinic I would have to go to for harvesting is very far away. Look into all the details, the actual rate you would be paid and the amount of time you would have to spend at the clinic.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:41 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I have looked in to it! But up until lately I was still breastfeeding and couldn't. I'm to far from anywhere that does that but I would if I lived closer! It's a great way to make a decent amount of money and a great way to help other moms!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:53 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• If I'm not able to have a child (I get to find out ina few weeks... I'm going crazy) I would most certainly do it. I'm not going to use them anyway!
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 2:38 PM on Apr. 30, 2009