• In the Spotlight:

I don't think I can keep on going...

it seems as if no matter how hard I try I can never get it right. my house is never clean enough, my hair nice enough, never enough groceries, enough clean socks, the babies are never happy, my husband says he doesn't get enough sex, there are always dirty dishes, and someone is always hungry or needs something from me. I want to give up, please, give some advice, or words of inspiration. I need to hear something inspiring today.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:15 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Three words of encouragement: Glass half FULL!

Be glad you have a house to clean.
    Be glad you have hair.
    Be glad you have any food to eat.
    Be glad you have clothes.
    Be glad you can have babies.
    Be glad you still have a husband that wants sex with you.
    Be glad the dishes are dirty...you ate today.
    Be glad your family is hungry...they are growing and are healthy.
    Be glad they always seem to need something from you and you are alive to help them.

Glass HALF FULL!

*hugs*
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 1:20 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• It's not about them. It's about you. Find your joy and don't let anyone take it from you.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:18 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• most moms feel like they never do enough. You need to take some ME time. let someone take the kids for a while and just relax. everything will be okay. as far as the housework. dedicate each day for one room in the house. I have two kids ages 3 and 18 months and I am a stay at home mom. I have a day of the week for each room sometimes 2 rooms a day. the kitchen is mondays, etc. i clean that room spotless. now with my dishes and stuff i do them every night before bed. My kids are on an eating/sleep schedule. they nap from 1-3 and bedtime is 9o'clock. so that is my ME time. Just make a schedule for yourself everyday. it makes life a lot easier and can make you very happy in the end. as far as your husband and sex life...well communicate with him that you are on overload right now and until you can eliminate some of the stress you aren't really going to feel attractive. when the kids go to bed take a long hot bath and relax. cont
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 1:21 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I know how you feel. I feel that way a lot too. Just remember to take one thing at a time. Slow down, go take a nice, long bath with some candles and a good book. Call a girlfriend or family member for a few minutes. Sometimes even if it isn't until afternoon naptime, I take a break and take a bath, then get all fixed up. It just makes you feel good. Who cares about the housework. It will get done but, none of us are superwoman. Just being there for your children is more important than making sure hubby has clean underpants. Take time for yourself. I will even go to the bathroom, even when I don't have to go, and just sit on the lid and read a magazine article or couple pages in a book just to get a couple minutes of "me" time. Doesn't sound like much....but it helps.
    Anonymous

• Find the happiness and joy within yourself. From that will spring the happiness and joy to others.

If you arent happy with yourself, deep inside how can you expect to make others happy?

You do your best and thats it. If others arent happy then they have to do some soul searching too. Its not all on you to make them happy.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:22 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Ohhh...I know how you feel. I feel like this every so often. Just do what you can. Don't worry about the petty crap like your hair! Try your best to keep everyone happy and satisfied. And make time for yourself! If your not happy, how can you make others happy? Good luck to you. You'll be fine, women get overwhelmed at times and we some how learn to handle it.
    I posted a question yesterday about anxiety and got some great feed back from the moms here...read those responses, they helped me get through my day. :)
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 1:22 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Book of psalms!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 1:22 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Girl take a DEEP breathe. I have been there. I have been in your shoes. I know that not all of your issues are about children. However, this books helped me in all the above areas. Dr. Leman wrote Have a new kid by Friday. It is a wonderful and inspirational book. Things will get easier. However, I was treated like a short hand cook, maid, and I was the one who did not get enough sex.... LOL
    After reading the above book, it shined some light on my issues. I went on strike. I quite cooking, cleaning, and asking for sex.... LOL I have an 8 and 3 year old. They made sandwiches for dinner. We ran out of dishes, so everyone had to eat off napkins. My partner finally had enough and could not stand it anymore. Our room was so dirty that I would not come in until bed time. He cleaned everything up with the kids help, and I get a little more help now through out the house.
    :) A women can only do some much. You need alone time too.
    gsb198205

Answer by gsb198205 at 1:23 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• after your bath be sexy. wear lingerie (if that is what your hubby likes) and have a good night together. my hubby and i were the same way. not very intimate a lot. we were down to maybe 2 nights a week. well now we are 2-3 times a week. it takes a lot for a busy mom/wife to be in the mood. work out a schedule try finding someone to take your kids for a couple hours for one day a week. get what you need done without distractions. good luck and hang in there. this is all normal. you will get through this you just have to be willing to let go of stress.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 1:23 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I AGREE WITH TIMELESSGLASS!!!!!!!!

Answer by older at 1:25 PM on Apr. 30, 2009