Where do I go for help?

When I was a teenager there were questions as to whether or not I may be bipolar. I was in theropy and we was getting ready to start some testing and then my dad got mad about some things that were said in therapy and pulled me out. Noone ever put me back in. Well, now that 15 years have gone by symptoms seem to get worse but, I have no health insurance and my husband is laid off so we can't afford to just pay to go to a therapist. I live in Kansas, anyone know where I can go for help? (I don't want to check myself into a treatment center. I am not suicidle or anything. )

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Health

• i dont know about there, but in my town we have a public health clinic which offers psychiatric help. the psychiatrists arent the best, but it's nice to know there's something. and they dont charge much, and have the option to bill you as long as you can pay as much as you can each week/month.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:20 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Do you have a college or university near by? Sometimes you can get a low/no cost evaluation and therapy with the Phd students who are interning.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 1:39 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• local mental health clinics help folks. Churches often have counselors that might be helpful or do you have a close friend or family member to talk to till you find a professional. Best of luck to you. I will be praying.

jmcan

Answer by jmcan at 1:47 PM on Apr. 30, 2009