My son is about to turn 2

and im tring to potty train him but he does not like to make a poopie on the potty what can i do

lilaaronsmommy

Asked by lilaaronsmommy at 1:18 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• are you using the big potty, or do you have one of those small portable pottys? my son isnt ready, he's only 1 and I am a first time mom so no experience, but MIL gave me a cute truck porto training potty with a removable seat for the big potty and the porto potty becomes a step stool!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:21 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Try reading the book, The No-Cry Potty Training Solution.

http://www.amazon.com/No-Cry-Potty-Training-Solution-Good-Bye/dp/0071476903/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1241112167&sr=1-1

Maybe you're trying to start him a bit early. My son is just over two and isn't ready.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 1:23 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• We started my son when he was 2 and was train by 2.5 with no accidents. We got books, dvd's with characters he liked and hhis older friends would come over and show him that they go on the big boy potty too. Just stick to it. And it will come
    Anonymous

• Start by writing down what time he goes poop every day. There will probably be a similar time every day (or a time that it usually happens- like after nap or after the park etc) Once you have the time narrowed down, then sit him on the potty every 30 min during that time frame. You should get a really fun toy/book/whatever and keep it hidden, ONLY letting him have it whenever he is sitting on the potty. You might have to get a replacement once he starts getting bored with it. It will keep him entertained, and help him have a positive feeling about going to the potty. After he goes a few times he will get accustomed to it and start doing it on his own. :) Best of luck!
    Norest4mommy

Answer by Norest4mommy at 12:35 AM on May. 3, 2009