Pageants?

How many Mommies put their children in Pageants? How many Mommies would like to try it? What are your thoughts about Pageants? What age would you start your child if you wanted to do it?

F43L34

Asked by F43L34 at 1:20 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would never put my child into a pageant unless she was a teen and truly wanted to participate in one knowing all the conditions of the pageant.

Anon :22 ~ I really like the idea of Natural Pageants! Neither of my daughters were ever interested, but if I ever hear of another mother whose daughter is interested I think I would suggest that she check out a natural one. Great idea!

I really detest the idea of babies and young children being made up like dolls and judged on their beauty and their clothing. There is a pageant show on now about a really little girl whose mom paid almost $400 for a bathing suit for her pageant that she will probably never wear again! Outrageous!!!
    I don't believe that pageants send a positive message to children. When they aren't chosen as the best, are they supposed to believe that they are ugly or no good?
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 1:30 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I don't

I wouldn't

I think it's not a place for children to be made up like dolls and grown women with fake teeth, fake eyelashes, hair extensions and tans.

I would never put my child in one. I feel if a parent wants to, to at least do a natural pageant. They do exist.

Anonymous

• I would never. It sends the wrong message to kids IMHO. NO ONE has the right tell me or my kids that they are not the most wonderful, handsome, intelligent boys to ever draw breath. Not anyone has the right to say that.
    Anonymous

• I entered my son in a baby pageant once just to try it. It wasn't a beauty pageant, it was to raise money for an organization. It was kind of fun, he won a couple of prizes and second place in the photogenic part. They would give trophies for things like Dimpled Darling (my niece who was a really chubby baby won that!) and other cute stuff, They emphasized it wasn't a beauty pageant and asked parents to dress them in normal dress up clothes, no gowns or makeup for the girls. They also had a costume contest when it was during October. We haven't tried it again although I might with my youngest. I would never do the beauty ones with all the makeup and madness. That seems sick to me!
    Anonymous

• Natural or not, its still comparing one to another and its not healthy. Its like saying..okay, youre better than her, but shes better than you. Thats all kids hear. On the ballfield is bad enough.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 1:40 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I did them and I loved it and had fun. I begged my mom, she didn't make me. I did it at age 4, 8 and 9. She bought me a beautiful, custom color dress for $200.00. My co-worker did them too and loved it. We would let our kids do it if we had girls.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:05 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I think i would only put my daughter in the Natural beauty one. I dont really like the "doll look".
    KalisMommy

Answer by KalisMommy at 2:28 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• What about letting your boys? they do have male pageants.
    F43L34

Answer by F43L34 at 9:53 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Where I lived the boys only went from 3 to 6. And I sure would have. He is 13 and probably would if there was one close for older guys.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:13 AM on May. 1, 2009