What is the difference?

What is the difference between stage 1 and stage 2 baby foods. I accidently bought stage 2.

J.P

Asked by J.P at 1:28 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• the texture. i fed my baby mostly 2nd stage food instead of 1st stage. it won't hurt.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 1:29 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• they are thicker. If your baby has been eating for a bit, it won't hurt.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:31 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• stage two is usually a little thicker, and some are two foods together, whereas stage 1 is single foods.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:34 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Mostly the size... a tiny bit thicker but hardly! And more choices of foods and combos when you are ready for those.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:49 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• the portion. I didnt think the texture was all that different. Maybe slightly.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 2:00 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• stage two has mixes and is a tiny bit thicker...
    i dont think havin baby eat stage 2 will be bad... but try to avoid mixes unless you have already given baby both kinds and baby did fine with both.
    trystons_mommy

Answer by trystons_mommy at 2:10 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Stage 2 is BARELY thicker. I never even used stage 1.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 2:58 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Not much. if it's too thick for baby, add some formula or breastmilk.
    Anonymous

• If you make your own you will save money and know exactly what your baby is getting. Feel free to contact me offlist. Or look for a copy of Super Baby Food at your library, more infomation and some recipes at www.superbabyfood.com

Answer by rkoloms at 5:46 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I wouldn't worry about giving it to your baby. My first daughter never took stage one at all because it was too thin and she couldn't tell whether she was eating or drinking. She needed something thicker.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:16 PM on Apr. 30, 2009