I just don't understand why people hurt there kids?

Today on the news they had this women from Iowa who used a claw hammer on her 5 yr old son used bothsides and she even threw him down the stairs what is wrong with this women? both of my child do get on my nerves but i love them so much cause they made who i am..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i joke and say im going to do that but i never would!!!! and maby she just needed help and no one listened
    Anonymous

• She had to have snapped!!! I know some mental disorders that go undiagnosed and or untreated have deadly concequences!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 1:46 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Evil
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 1:46 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• i couldnt and wouldnt ever hurt my baby. i cant imagine even spanking him. he is a blessing who grew in my belly. I imagine he will go through a NO phase, be a smart mouth, but thats no excuse imo. I was never hit and plan to be the same towards my baby.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:47 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I could never do that to my son. Being a cop, we see so many ways people hurt each other and it's taught me to be more understanding and a better Mom. I miss my son to pieces when I'm not with him. That doesn't mean we don't have our days where we get on each other's nerves or he gets a spanking for getting in trouble at school, lying, etc. But a claw hammer???? WTF
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 1:59 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• EVIL is right on the money i agree!
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 2:00 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Because some people just shouldn't be parents in the first place? Some people are just stupid and lack common sense.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:02 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I dont believe anyone who does that is all there in their own mind. Its likely she had some level of mental disorder. This is not stupid and lacking common sense.....thats when you bounce a check or something...this far beyond that. Has to be something going on in their heads.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 2:12 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I know I have done things (in anger) to my child that I have regreted. But I've never once gotten to the point that anything I have done has ever left a lasting impression on him, mentally, emotionally or physically. We have all been to the "breaking point" but it is never ok to do lasting damage to your child. This women had to have a demon or something in her that made her do this. I just don't see how any real mother could hurt any child much less one she gave birth to, in this way.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 2:28 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• ....and I was feeling bad for telling my 6 going on 16 year old I was going to smack her in the mouth for talking to me that way... I don't know... I like to think that it is a chemical imbalance, I would hate to think a "normal" person would act this way..
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 6:45 PM on Apr. 30, 2009