What do you do when being a wife and mother gets to be too much to handle?

Sometimes I just want to runaway from it all!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:46 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• I put the baby to bed, give my husband a kiss, and go down to the bar and have me a nice stiff drink with a friend.
    Anonymous

• ME too; I just want to run away sometimes. I get so overwhelmed. I just want to cry.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 1:48 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• What anon said. Except I have 2 or 3 stiffies and sing karaoke.
    Mangy_Momma

Answer by Mangy_Momma at 1:49 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I call up one of my girlfriends and plan a girls day out and leave the lil ones with my BF. Sometimes, even being a mother and wife, we have to remember that we were WOMEN first. No need to lose that just because you have a family.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 1:49 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• You should let your husband know that you are at the end of your rope and need some "time off" If he doesn't understand, simply leave and let him see how much you do for everyone, all day!!!!!
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 1:50 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• You ARE NOT alone!!! I often think about leaving my kids with dad and take off, but don't have the heart to follow through!!! The only thing that keeps me going is the fact that I have no choice but to deal. Daddy's not help and no one else wants to be bothered with 4 kids(I have twins)!!! Its a part of life for now and will pass when the kids are old enough to understand when mommy needs some personal space; not all kids do!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 1:52 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• You find some time for yourself, regroup your thoughts and remember WHY you do this. Its not about you. Its hard, but ultimately its about raising our children to be independant, succesful adults. It does get better, but you have to get time away for yourself too.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 2:09 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I hand my husband our son. And head out. even if it's just to go to a friends and bulls**t for a while. A nice break keeps me sane :)
    vicki136

Answer by vicki136 at 2:10 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• You always have to have something for yourself so you don't lose who you are in the midst of being a wife and a mother.

I grab my camera and take some shots and open up photoshop and edit them. Or I just browse through old pictures and work with them on photoshop. Or a take a nice, long bath. :)

Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 2:13 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I come here and write funny things and enjoy the company of similarly-stressed women.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 2:15 PM on Apr. 30, 2009