Do you let your child decide where he or she wants to spend weekends or vacations with the other parent?

or do you think it's the adults decision? don't you think it would be too much pressure for a young kid. Let's just say the kid is between 8-11....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:48 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I will not let my kids do that cause then he will think he runs the whole house and he doesn't
    Anonymous

• No, I don't think that they should be given the option at all unless theres something going on where they need to reschedule. Kids arent old enough to make those types of decisions and in divorce cases, children are easily poisoned against one or the other parent. Now I would make an exception if the child was being neglected and overall just a burden to the non custodial parent. I guess its a individual case basis thing.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 1:57 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• My son goes nowhere with his father. If my sons father was responsible, reliable and was in his life for the last 13 years, I may have let him give his opinion but to flat out chose, I doubt it. Kids deserve to have choices and options, just because they are kids doesn't mean they don't have opinions,wants or needs.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:06 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• My kids have a great relationship with their dad & see him EOWE. Right now, they are happy following the choices we made for them but I am sure that at some point, they will object in some way. I don't think I would let them choose completely but I hope that if they are upset by the way things are going, we could talk it out & reach a compromise.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 2:16 PM on Apr. 30, 2009