i know know what to do

whenever i breast feed my 4 week old he just pukes it back up and is never satisfied and very antsy, but when i give him formula he does fine. i really want to keep him on breast milk. any advice on how i could keep him on breast milk withut him puking it all up?

SpringMommy07

Asked by SpringMommy07 at 1:48 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Talk to your doctor sometimes your milk can go bad check to make sure that what's coming up doesn't have a foul smell to it.
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 1:50 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• it could be from a strong let-down, or if you ate something your baby is tasting it too, and he might not like it lol
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:54 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Maybe something that you're eating is upsetting his tummy.
    joannakitler

Answer by joannakitler at 1:54 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• i havn't really been eating a whole lot could that be maybe y?
    SpringMommy07

Answer by SpringMommy07 at 1:57 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Hmmm....
    Maybe something you are eating is upsetting his tummy... you can try cutting some things out of your diet
    Maybe has some reflux and the thicker formula is staying down better... you could try pumping off some of your thinner foremilk and then he would get more of the hindmilk and maybe that might help?
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:58 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• You have to eat more when you are breast feeding so you get what you need to stay healthy. But, you can eat things that will not agree with the baby, so when you notice he throws up after feeding him make sure you don't eat that food.
    Lenakeen2

Answer by Lenakeen2 at 2:05 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• yeah you most definantly need to eat more... you have to eat pretty much the same as when you were prego cause you are still feeding yourself and supplying baby with milk.... you need to eat all the nutrients that the baby needs to get from your milk.
    trystons_mommy

Answer by trystons_mommy at 2:08 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• My daughter was losing her stomach after she ate, but we figured out that I was gagging her. Not sure if my milk was letting down too fast or if it was my nipples, but she has finally adjusted. Try feeding your breast milk from the bottle and see if your son still has a problem. Then you will know if it is the milk or he just has a strong gag reflex.
    KJNguyen

Answer by KJNguyen at 2:48 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Your milk cannot "go bad" or "sour". Good chance it is an overactive let-down or oversupply of milk. check out Am I Making Too Much Milk?

maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 2:52 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• i have feed my son with breastmilk in a bottle boob and i have even givin him formula and he still pukes it up...
    SpringMommy07

Answer by SpringMommy07 at 5:20 PM on Apr. 30, 2009