my friend

My friend is not lettin her son's father see him. It has been three weeks. They are not together and got into a fight and the son saw the father flip out, so now my friend is punishing the father by not letting him see the son, they never went to cout for custody, they just share him. I think the son is the one getting hurt by all of this childish nonsense. Should I tell my friend how wrong I think she is? Or maybe it would just make her mad and I should mmob?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• I dont think its right for anyone to keep the father of their children from seeing the kids unless there is some kind of violence or abuse of some kind and it could be endangering the child to allow them to be around.
    I honesly believe you should approach her, and press it lightly. let her know that you arent trying to tell her what to do, but that you feel she should allow her ex to see their son, because its punishing the child more than the ex...
    its not fair to the kid..... if the kid wants to see his dad, she should let him.
    approach her out of concern for her child.... you cant get upset with someone for caring about your kids...
    trystons_mommy

Answer by trystons_mommy at 1:58 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Well, how old is the son? Seeing his father "flip out" is a BAD thing and can really do some emotional damage to a child, especially a small child. Although you might disagree with her motives, it really isn't your place to say anything.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 1:56 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• If it were me in your shoes, I'd inform her that by punishing the father that way, she's also punishing her own son. If it makes her mad, it makes her mad. That's something she'll get over, if she's a true friend, but disallowing the boy from spending time with his dad can hurt that child for life.
    Mangy_Momma

Answer by Mangy_Momma at 1:57 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I would stay out of it since it isnt your problem, but yes it isnt right that she isnt allowing her son to see his daddy because of her personal feelings towards the daddy. I witnessed that with my friend. she met her ex at a park to exchange the kids and they got into a fight. she grabbed her girls out of his car and drove away really quick while the girls cried and bawled because they missed their daddy. I asked her to drop me off at my house right after because I was very hurt by that too and I didnt speak to her for a while after that.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:57 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• im a firm believer of both of the parents seeing the children. Kids need their parents. If I were u I would bring it up and if she gets mad then dont push it. Its hard to not mind ur own then u see something that u think isnt right. Im sry that ur going thru this.
    LuckyCharmed200

Answer by LuckyCharmed200 at 1:57 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• she cant' keep him from seeing his child. The father has rights. Tell the dad to contact legal aid or his own attorney and set up regular visitation.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:51 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• you are so right! the child is the one hurting. we should never use our kids as a form of punishment to the other person. if shes a really good friend I say give her your opinion and suggest she take him to court to establish wether or not he's a good fit to be around the child...if no the court I am sure will make him attend parenting classes and limit his visitation. your friend should let the courts decide...it is his child after all. good luck!
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 2:59 PM on Apr. 30, 2009