In your opinion...

Should the border to Mexico be closed in an effort to lessen the number of cases of Swine Flu outbreaks?

myame

Asked by myame at 2:08 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Y-E-S!
    Habibti812

Answer by Habibti812 at 2:08 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• actually I think it is, or at least in the making....for a few months!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:08 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Yes. That should have happened along time ago even though that's got nothing to do with the flu issue.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 2:08 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I am sick of the minute to minute play by play of things we can't control in regards to the swine flu. We CAN control the number of people entering this country after visiting Mexico. I think we should. Yes, there already outbreaks here in the US, but could we lower the future potential out breaks if we restricted the source? I think so.
    myame

Answer by myame at 2:09 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Yes maybe close it for good! LOL sorry but there are too many of them here we don't need any more!!!!
    Anonymous

• I think it doesn't matter at this point. The problem is people are running around America acting like there's nothing to catch. Meanwhile, sick people go to work everyday and send their sick kids to school. Then they find out they actually have the flu... That is how it will spread.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 2:10 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• i agree with anon 1:10 keep those illegal bastards out!
    Anonymous

• no its already here, and spreading, we'd have to close the border to every country that has had reported cases to keep people with it out. i really don't think it'd do any good to just close the border to mexico, yes it originated there, but there are already outbreaks worldwide, what good does closing the border to that one country really do.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 2:12 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I think it should be closed to Mexico and Canada until this is under control. "Keep the illegal bastards out" comment is offensive, anons.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 2:15 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Seems another reason to hate mexicans. I say quarintine those affected and treat them and have vaccines at the ready for states that have confirmed outbreaks. Just because it was "tracked" to mexico does not mean the entire hispanic population is at fault. There is enough americans over there, perhaps they started it. I seem to have read that this virus follows the same pattern as HIV and is man made and thus a "plant" of terrorism. So much for theories huh? Live and let live. Let the CDC and WHO do their jobs.
    Ladycwells

Answer by Ladycwells at 2:20 PM on Apr. 30, 2009