With this outbreak of Swine Flu across the United States, would you still make nonessential travels with your children to a state that has confirmed cases of Swine Flu (by air or car)?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:13 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It depends on the reason, just for fun or vacation NO but for family reasons most definately, my family means alot to me I would just take lots of precautions and lots of hand sanitizer...
    Korysmom96

Answer by Korysmom96 at 2:16 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• My Nephew is dying. When he passes, we will be flying and will have a layover in Texas.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 2:16 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Well, I don't really travel but there are confirmed cases in the state I live in so....
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 2:20 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I would not change travel plans based on the swine flu at this point. People with healthy immune systems who are getting good medical care are getting over it. I do not think it warrants all the hysteria it is generating.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:39 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Yes we are traveling by car in a few weeks. We already live 15-20 minutes from Mexico and are traveling about 8 hours north so it's not like we're going anywhere with a greater risk than where we already are. I wouldn't travel by air though, just because I don't want to be enclosed in a plane with dozens of other people and no fresh air.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 2:45 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I'm in Canada, and there's cases in Toronto. I'm about an hour and a half away and I'm scared to go anywhere.
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 3:51 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I at this time have no travel plans, but flu (at this time) would not factor. In all honesty I would rather get it now then after it gets stronger, all the US cases are getting over it right now. (The one death was a Mexican child brought over the border for medical care)
    Tiffatoe

Answer by Tiffatoe at 11:21 PM on Apr. 30, 2009