Should I go to the doctor?

I was i n a car accident this morning. I felt fine at the time. Now I am experiencing some back abdominal pain. I had surgery about a week and a half ago. I just don't know whether to go or not. Should I?

proudmama1207

Asked by proudmama1207 at 2:13 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Health

• i would, when you get in a minor wreck (especially if you were rear ended) you don't feel the immediate effects of whiplash or back pains until a few hours later. at least they can give you a prescription for the pain, and since you just had surgery you really don't want to add a diff pain to the recovery from that b/c it could prolong recovery
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 2:15 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• yes to be on the safe side
    joannakitler

Answer by joannakitler at 2:13 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• It was raining and I ended up rearending someone else. It felt like just a little jolt when it happened. Now I'm not so sure.
    proudmama1207

Answer by proudmama1207 at 2:16 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• My hubby was a volunteer firefighter for about 20 years...he said people like you are called the "walking wounded". You need to see a doctor to be on the safe side.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 2:21 PM on Apr. 30, 2009