REAL vanilla? piog

Is it the same as pure vanilla extract? I have a couple of recipes from a diet site that call for REAL (and yes, it was in caps, so apparently important) vanilla. If its actually the bean or whatever, where would I get it?

RomansMom25

Asked by RomansMom25 at 2:15 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Food & Drink

• you can get real vanilla in a bottle or even very expensive real vanilla at whole foods,but you can also get vanilla beans.it depends on what you are making.i like real vanilla in a bottle...if its fake it will say imitation and it wont be that expensive and you will be able to notice the difference in taste
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 2:18 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• If you need vanilla from a bottle, all I've seen are "vanilla extract" and "Imitation vanilla" so as long as it doesn't say imitation, you should be OK.

Answer by Bmat at 2:57 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• if it's saying real vanilla BEAN it wants vanilla bean, otherwise it just wants you to not use imitation. vanilla bean can be found in your produce section or the spice aisle.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 6:24 PM on Apr. 30, 2009