Monistat One Dose Ovule?

I used this last night because I woke up yesterday and discovered I had a yeast infection. This is only the second yeast infection I've had, the first being when I was 16. I've never used this one dose kind before and I'm wondering how long it takes to work? I'm still in a great deal of discomfort today and I'm wanting this stuff to kick in! I feel like I'm going out of my head :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:22 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Health

• My OBGYN told me never to use the one dose. The infection will come back. You have to use atleast the 3 day. But he strongly suggest the 7 day.
    jenlenr

Answer by jenlenr at 2:26 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• It sometimes takes a few days to feel better after treating the infection.. the stuff itself causes a little discomfort. My doctor said to use the 3 day treatment I guess the one day doesn't always treat it the 1st go around.
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 2:27 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I just spent $15 bucks on this one dose too.... Dammit!!! I'm going to have to send my hubby to the store to get me another one.... 3 dose this time! I used the 3 dose when I had the first yeast infection, I should have just stuck with it :(
    Anonymous

• Also I've read that 90% of self diagnosed yeast infections are not yeast infections at all. I thought I kept having recurring yeast infections every month a few days before my period was due. They cleared up about a week later. When I finally had enough I went to the OB, I was diagnosed with having genital herpes and put on proper medication. I haven't had an outbreak in almost a year now. Genital Herpes outbreaks can frequently be confused with Yeast Infections because of some of the similiar symptoms such as itching, white thick discharge, pain when urinating and you can sometimes get the red bumps that can become blister like as well, but not always!
    Anonymous

• I know it's not genital herpes. My husband is my first and only and we've been together for almost 5 years.... I had my first yeast infection before I was sexually active and I had the same exact symptoms. I have a doctors appt next week thankfully so if I'm not better by then I can ask him.
    Anonymous