if you lost your

mucous plug are you most likely dialated as well? im a little over 35 weeks and they start checking next week and i lost it 2 weeks ago.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:23 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes. B/c you're dialating, your mucus plug has dislodged. I lost my mucus plug 11 days before my water broke. I went into labor 6 days before my due date.
    joannakitler

Answer by joannakitler at 2:29 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I lost my mucus plug the day before my son was born I labored 23 hrs...so does your doctor know you lost it?
    IamATeenMom307

Answer by IamATeenMom307 at 2:39 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I lost mine 3 weeks before I had my daughter and was only 1 cm dilated. At my 38 week check up I finally got to 2.5 cm dilated and hit 3 only after my water broke at 39 weeks and 1 day. My sister in law lost hers on her due date and had an appointment and was not dilated at all. She finally went into labor a day late and was in labor for 4 hours before shit hit 2 cm and when she arrived she was only 1 cm dilated. I don't know if you have to dilate to lose it but I would assume that it can come out at any point as its just a plug to block bacteria and once its time it and your hormones change for labor it will come out. So I don't believe you have to dilate but you can tell your doctor.
    Anonymous

• Yes, but it doesn't mean you're dilated much. People can lose it early on, and it can regenerate. Not to burst your bubble, but it's not necessarily an indication of when you will go into labor. FYI, my water broke about a week after I lost my plug.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:53 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• yeah i explained it to my midwife unfortunately she didnt even seem to talk about it at all..i have 5 midwives and that was my first time meeting that one and i said it was bloody and she blew it off..hes been kicking and all like normal its just she wouldnt even talk to me..and when i asked her if hes still head down she wouldnt even check she was like like well i dont know..i dont like her at all luckily i wont have to meet with her again.. also my blood pressure was a little weird they kept saying they couldnt hear it..the first time it was 120/100 and the second time after like 10 minutes it was 112/85 and she didnt know my history of past preeclampsia with my daughter..and just ignored it when i told her..luckily ive been able to watch my blood pressure at home and its been normal for the most part..
    jaelynsmama07

Answer by jaelynsmama07 at 3:03 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• ohh and i know its not an indication of when ill go in labor its a less numbers to get to when i actually get to the labor part and getting to start out at a certain number of dialation before hand then starting at 0. haha kinda weird but im makes me imagine it to be a little bit shorter..kinda..
    jaelynsmama07

Answer by jaelynsmama07 at 3:14 PM on Apr. 30, 2009