What are the best vitamins to give a child?

I am just curious as to what vitamins are best for a toddler when they do not get the nurishment they need from their meals

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:42 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Flinestone Complete's. It gives them the daily dose of all the vitamins they need.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 2:45 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• i think my dd has low iron, she just got a blood count done today. but her ped. said that she can take half a flinstones vitamin (shes 3 weighs 38 lbs) either way even if she doesn't have it. that it won't hurt for her to take it. so we are starting the vitamins today
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 2:45 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I like Centrum Children's Chewables. Whatever you pick, be sure to read the label. Most say to give toddlers and preschoolers just 1/2 a tablet. Too much of anything, even vitamins, is bad and will harm the child's health.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:04 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Flinstones have a Toddler/preschool vitamin that I give my DS who's 2
    Holly126

Answer by Holly126 at 4:20 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Which ever ones your pediatrician recommends for your kid, knowing that the doctor and YOU know your toddler better than any of us.

But take it for what it's worth from a mom who doesn't give vitamins because the pediatrician says it's not necessary for my boys.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 4:51 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• my doctor recommended poly-vi-sol (made by enfamil) for the iron and vitamin d (most kids don't get the recommended daily allowance of 400 IU). it's a liquid vitamin that you can add to milk, juice, or water.
    asyoulikeit

Answer by asyoulikeit at 5:37 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• A healthy diet: lots of fruits, vegetables, good fats, whole grains, beans and lentils

Answer by rkoloms at 6:23 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• my daughter gets liquid vitamins from our pediatrican he sayed there better then over the counter and they had floride for her teeth he sayed she can be on those till shes 4 then hell give us chewable vitamins on a prescription. there better for them. and have just enogh of everything they need.
    troubledkat911

Answer by troubledkat911 at 10:32 PM on May. 1, 2009