Do I have this right?

Specter is a craven political opportunist for leaving the Republican party but serving Senators who left the Democratic party such as Richard Shelby, Ben Nighthorse Campbell, and Joe Lieberman are men of courage, motivated solely by principle.

How does that logic work, exactly?

Friday

Asked by Friday at 3:00 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Specter was originally a Democrat, became a Republican to win an election in his district, and is now a Democrat because his polls showed he could not win the Repub.nod, and now the Democrat opponent is rumored to quit so Specter can run unopposed. Amazing.
    Leiberman did it the right way, and still continues to do so. I like him.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 3:05 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• How long ago was he a Dem? It couldn't possibly be because he is moderate and doesn't want to affiliate with the Neocons that have taken over the Rep party? I just find it interesting how it's cool when Dems switch to favor Reps but not the other way around.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 3:14 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• No specter more times then not made more dem moves anyway
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:29 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• It's good to clear oneself with ex-Spector-ant. That vile fair weathered flem needs out of my party.
    Anonymous

• I love it when conservatives show how immature they are by making up names for people. It shows so much class.
    Anonymous

• I love it when liberals show how immature they are by making up names for people. It shows so much class.
    Anonymous

• Arlen Sphincter, err Specter, is the epitome of self-servitude.
    Anonymous

• I think he is a perfect example of a fair weather friend. He really isn't a loss though. What did the Dems get? He voted no on O's oversized budget.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 4:39 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• It's kind of like sports isn't it?
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 5:32 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Can you really blame him? I am a bit confused, though, at how the name-calling works. Is it a free-for-all or are there rules?
    SxdUpAngel

Answer by SxdUpAngel at 8:22 PM on Apr. 30, 2009