Can I take the pill?

TMI.....My last day of my period was Tuesday. I forgot to refill my birth control for monday. So, I missed MOnday, tuesday and I took it on Wednesday.

Wednesday my dh and I had sex without a condom. I don't know if I should keep taking the pill. It says it could cause birth defects.....but I can't be pregnant....right???

Please help me....I can't ask anyone this question...I am so shy. Please help me!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:11 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• You should be fine as you have not ovulated yet. If your period was Tuesday then you would not have ovulated until Wednesday or Thursday if not later than that the next week. Continue your pills if you do not want another baby or your trying to avoid having one now. The pill is still in your system even if you miss a day or two. Just get back on track. My doctor said it was okay to take on in the AM and one in the PM if it is missed on occasion.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 3:13 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• OMG People you ovulate exactly 14 days after your period....... got to mycycle.com..... all the info you need
    epy108

Answer by epy108 at 3:18 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Not all women ovulate exactly 14 days after their period! Many women ovulate earlier or later! If you missed a couple days, I would use some sort of "back-up" until your next cycle, but per the research I've read, you're at no higher risk for birth defects or miscarriage due to being on the pill. Hope this helps!
    TildaRose777

Answer by TildaRose777 at 5:10 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• epy108. That is a very disturbing answer. Like Tilda Rose said, NOT all woman ovulate exactly 14 days after period. I don't think there would be anything to be concerned about, but I would get a "back-up like she said. Good luck.
    Ambie0526

Answer by Ambie0526 at 7:22 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Please don't be too shy to ask these questions of a professional, that's what they are there and paid for. If you are too shy to ask this question of your trusted doctor, how are you going to be your child's advocate and stand up to your kids bully's, teachers, neighbors and a society that questions your child and the beliefs and values that your family stands for? www.newmommyteesandjeans.com
    Mommyghee

Answer by Mommyghee at 1:32 AM on May. 6, 2009