How do I get rid of cradle cap?

My daughter has real bad cradle cap. I ask her pediatrician about it and he said to use selsum blue and a baby brush while washing her hair. I tried that and it helped alittle but wouldn't completely go away. I went and bought cradle cap solution that was made epecially for cradle cap and that didn't even help at all. please ladies do you have any solutions that will help me. thanks

mysoldier5

Asked by mysoldier5 at 3:11 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I washed her hair with the johnsons shampoo and scrubbed her scalp with the baby brush i was sent home from the hospital with. and then after rinsing the shampoo i put about a nickel size of baby oil and massaged her scalp with it. it was gone within a week and a half. good luck
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 3:14 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Put baby oil on her head at night and leave it. Use a fine comb and gently scrape her scalp. Then was her hair. Use the brush every time you wash her hair and it will finally go away, it takes a little while to get it to all go away.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 3:15 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I used redkin dandruff relief shampoo with the really hard brush from the hospital...or a washcloth would do too. I used it every other day, with reg baby shampoo in between. then put baby lotion on it after wards. be careful not to get it ion the eyes (obviously). it worked for my son. i know it can be pricey, but i hope it helps!! good luck
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 3:16 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I did the same as the 1st...how do babies even get that crap on there scalp?
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 3:16 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Babies get it because new mommies are often afraid they will rub to hard over the soft spot and the skin oild and skin cell that slough build up. It happenes to the best of us.
    Anonymous

• oh ok thx
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 3:24 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• for my ds we used california baby shampoo and their calendula lotion
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 4:20 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• We did not use soap on our baby at all, just warm water. Olive oil and a fine tooth comb will remove the cradle cap.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:35 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Like most of the others, soft baby brush and baby oil after a warm bath. My DD lost a whole patch of hair becuase of cradle cap!!!
    youngartista

Answer by youngartista at 8:39 AM on May. 1, 2009

• I can't remember who makes it but in stores there is a green bottle of "cradle cap" shampoo, it has a picture of Pooh Bear on it and we only had to use it once. The directions say to apply to scalp, leave on for a minute, then comb babies head with a fine tooth comb.
    AubbiesMommie

Answer by AubbiesMommie at 11:36 AM on May. 1, 2009