Announcing your first pregnancy?

Did anyone mail pregnancy annoucements for their first born? What are some fun ways to annouce it to your family?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:12 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• We didnt mail anything. We found out about two weeks before Christmas so we waited until Christmas morning and called everyone and told them. So our DD was everyone's Christmas presents. :)
    Williamswifey

Answer by Williamswifey at 3:15 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I told everyone in person. I held a cook out and i had all of my family and friends over. I had a banner made that said "We're Pregnant". Then with my daughter I had a picture blown up of my son and under his pic was a caption that said I'm going to be a big brother"
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 3:17 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• We were moving when we found out. I was so nervous to tell my mom because my dh and I just got married 24 days before. I thought she would freak!
    So she came to our new house and I asked her to come into the second bedroom to ask her opinion on something. When she came into the room she was distractedly looking at me...like hurry up I have things to do. So I asked where she thought was the best place to put a crib.
    She started jumping up and down screaming. I thought she was having a conniption fit. She was happy...crying and yelling. She hugged me and told me how happy she was. I was so relieved...it really wasn't the reaction I was expecting.

It really is one of my favorite memories of my mom.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 3:18 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• With our firsdt we told no one but my Mom and my sister until I was 3 months. The next family gathering was 4th of July. We told everyone else by handing out "we did it" suckers to everyone.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:18 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• We mailed pregnancy announcements both times(the first miscarried) and we set up a website to tell everyone the sex...I kept getting calls saying it is not on there, but they had to click an icon to find out. I don't know what we would do next time???Probably mail a pregnancy announcement again! Then no one finds out before someone else....the mail man decides who finds out and when!!!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 3:26 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• If we get pregnant I was thinking of asking for extra copies of the first ultrasound pic. DH and I are huge movie buffs so I was going to put them in frames with a movie reel or something on it and write at the bottom "Coming Soon...*write in due date*"

Who knows, I might think of something different by that time.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 3:28 PM on Apr. 30, 2009