If they call you for an interview have they already....

If a place calls you for an interview have they already done there criminal background check and refrence checks? This place i applied said they are very strict and do all those things. And i just got the interview call so i was wandering if they had already done those things or after the interview.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:19 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Money & Work

• No, usually after the 1st interview
    Anonymous

• I never did the background and reference check before I had interviewed the person.... after all the resumé may look nice and the person be totally not what you're looking for.... I never wasted resources until I knew I wanted to hire the person. Don't count on them having completed the background and references before the first interview.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 3:22 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Sometimes yes and sometimes no. They may have done a general one and then will do a more advanced one once your interviewed and offered the job. It all depends on the company but most of the time they at least check driving records and do a basic background check to make sure your not wanted for anything or served time for anything illegal.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 3:22 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I agree, background and reference checks ae usually done after an interview.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 3:22 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• That is highly unlikely. Unless you have already singed a form saying that they could do that it would be a violation of your privacy. Not to mention, it's a waste of money because trust me, everyone you schedule an interview with, does not show.
    Are you concerned about something on your background?
    mrsfitz05

Answer by mrsfitz05 at 3:22 PM on Apr. 30, 2009