• In the Spotlight:

Should I be worried if I am not always having stomach pains in my first 5wks!

I've been reading that most have them really bad. I've been having pains they're just not constant! Some days have been worse than others. This is my first pregnancy and I'm not sure exactly what to expect. I try to push it to the back of my thoughts but it I keep getting worried a little bit.

ShaBear

Asked by ShaBear at 3:22 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No its perfectly fine. Its called quickening and it comes and goes during the whole pregnancy. Be thankful if your not feeling it all the time. You will be fine and everyone has their own level of pain and your body may be adjusting better than others.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 3:24 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I'm expecting my third and each pregnancy has definitely been different; this time I'm not feeling any symptoms at all, not even morning sickness. I agree with brailynsmama08: be thankful you're not in pain. I've had some cramping and spotting and both are common. It's crazy how we get worried when we're NOT miserable during pregnancy! G/L and try not to worry.

1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 3:47 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• i wouldn't worry about it, i just started having stomach pains and i'm going on my third trimester, oh my god, i just realized that, i'm going on mythird trimester, omg, OMG, i'm almost there, damn, i'm scared, when if he doesn't like me or what if i'm a bad baby person. wow, i never thought that i'd make it this far into my pregnancy, i'm excited and scared at the same time. oh, right, sorry, don't worry about the pain, it'll come, when it comes to your first trimester i think you only have to worry about one thing through each tri. morning sickness, pains and last, teh baby, ahhhh!!!
    sherlockhlm

Answer by sherlockhlm at 5:04 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Thanks for the help ladies! It helps put my mind at ease. I am still feeling very anxious though! I want the next few weeks to fly by so I can hear the heart beat. :) That is going to be so neat! Thanks again!!!!!
    ShaBear

Answer by ShaBear at 6:05 PM on Apr. 30, 2009