In what order should i read my bible?

Just recently I got a bible...i have actually never completely read a bible but just chptrs and versus here and there. But i do go to church and consider myself a christian. So in what order should i read the bible? i really want to do this. But i hear u cannot read a bible front to back like any old book. please help if u have any suggestions

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:23 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Find some things that interest you...questions you may have, and go from there. Chances are you'll find something that catches your eye and you'll keep reading.

There are also Bible reading guides online. You can chose guides that get you through the Bible in 6 months, 1 year, or 3 years. I'm sure there's others too.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 3:43 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I bounce from OT to NT. It is good to know Jesus words and teachings first (NT), then to understand more about God and how we reacts to different situations I would go to the (OT). Just some friendly advice. I say read it however you want! God bless!
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 3:49 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• IMO you get the most from it by reading it in order front to back.
    Anonymous

• You can read it in order from front to back. You can read the OT and NT simultaneously: a passage from the OT in the morning, a passage from the NT before bed. You can also read it chronologically, which means reading it in the order that events took place/were written down. (It's not arranged in that order.) I suggest at least getting an idea of the chronology of the books; no matter what order you read them in, it gives a fuller understanding IMO.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 5:31 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I encourage you to start with the book of John .. then read the gospels and the OT side by side
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 5:53 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I agree with Shaneagle, begin with the book of John and then the other gospels. Pray first and ask God to bless your time in the Bible and help you understand it. May it speak to you each day.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 8:14 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• The gospel and revelation then the minor prophets amos on.
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 9:25 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• IMO, the best way to read the bible is with GOD as your guide. Ask GOD to show you the truth that you are meant to learn and be ready for the guidance as it comes.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 10:32 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• We do Bible reading each week besides our Bible study that is on topics, so we start with Genesis doing about 3-4 Chapters a week, we just did Exodus Chapters 19-22 and discuss the highlights and what we got from it, we also just finished a book not to long ago about the Minor Prophets and their relevance's to us today. but if you have a reference Bible you might want to check what Scriptures some verses are linked to, I love doing that because it helps us in getting a fuller understanding of the Bible as a whole book.
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 12:45 AM on May. 1, 2009

• our newest Bible study aid is called "Keep Yourselves in God's Love" it is a Topic type book that shows us the importance by asking us questions and then directing us to the Bible for answers.
    LIKE THIS: God’s Word admonishes us: “Keep yourselves in God’s love . . . with everlasting life in view.” (Jude 21) The phrase “keep yourselves” suggests that to remain in God’s love, action on our part is required. We need to respond to his love in concrete ways. An important question for us to consider, then, is this, ‘How can I demonstrate my love for God?’ The answer is found in the inspired words of the apostle John: “This is what the love of God means, that we observe his commandments; and yet his commandments are not burdensome.” (1 John 5:3) We do well to examine carefully the meaning of these words, for we want to show our God just how much we love him.
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 12:59 AM on May. 1, 2009