poopy problems?

ok i know it's common for babies to not poop everyday but Dallas usually goes 2-3 times a day..he is breasfeed an we have been doing solids for almost 2 months now! is there anything that can help him go? we have tried applesauce and the other foods i haven't given him any bannana's! and it has been 3 days now..ugh i hate he is farting like crazy but no poop! he is also teething on top of all this! ugh my poor little man! thanks in advance .
Like always if you nothing nice to say ..no need to reply to this! thanks

mamactink

Asked by mamactink at 3:28 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Prunes or apple juice will help. Try massaging his stomach and using the gas drops to help with the gas, they make our daughter poop. You can also try orange juice as well. Diluted of course do 2 oz of water and 2 oz of juice.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 3:30 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I used Prunes but becuz my son wouldnt eat them i put applesause with it or i just used the apple prune juice that gerber sales...if that dont work try some brown corn sryup in his food
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 3:35 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• don't do bananas. that will help stop him up (part of the BRAT diet that's good for diarrhea, to help stop them up, lol). gas drops should work wonders. diluted apply or prune juice also. good luck!
    williesmama1

Answer by williesmama1 at 3:35 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• iti s normal for them to go days whne BF. Ithink it was a week when DD went it was horrible when she did!! The more you try to make your baby go the worse you will bother the belly. Let it be just BF the baby!
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 3:36 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• When my son can't go, I take him in the bathroom when my husband takes a shower. I don't know why, but it works every time.
    Anonymous

• wow ladies lots of good advice! thanks like in my question i have not given him bananna's..he is still nurseing normally...i have been giveing him gas drops and he eats just not like he was..
    mamactink

Answer by mamactink at 3:53 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• baby prunes and prune juice,water the juice down and try that,my son always had bowel problems until he was about 4,but as he was a baby the prunes helped,when he got older I gave him Benefiber,its tasteless and sometimes I still have to give him some,he is almost 8.Good luck.
    momindistress08

Answer by momindistress08 at 4:33 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• he will be 5 months on may 4th...are babies aloud to have juice b4 6 months?
    mamactink

Answer by mamactink at 5:50 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Foods/juice that start with P make them poo. My daughter has had poopy problems since the beginning too so the pediatrician said to give her prune or pear juice. We are first time parents and didn't know juice was supposed to mix the juice with water so we just give her the juice by itself. I have also been making her cereal with pear juice instead of formula and she has been doing MUCH BETTER!! She is 8 months now and has been getting juices since she was about 4 months I would say. We tried the prune juice and she HATED it so we moved to pear and its much tastier. She gets about 4 oz. of juice a day and poos at least once a day sometimes twice or three times.
    AubbiesMommie

Answer by AubbiesMommie at 11:32 AM on May. 1, 2009

• well ladies my hubby bought prunes. but b4 i could give him any.   Dallas went on his own 1 time last night and 4 times today..on top of all that i have food sensitivities to egg an some dairy..so go figure i ate mayo with out thinking and then did us both in since he is BF..

mamactink

Answer by mamactink at 8:55 PM on May. 1, 2009