Symptoms of gall bladder attack?

I've already looked them up online but I was wondering more about personal experiences.

I woke up this morning with this dull achy pain on the right side of my body towards the bottom of my ribcage. It kept getting worse and worse so before it got unbearable I decided to take some Motrin. The Motrin took the edge off but didn't eliminate the pain, which makes me think I may have gall stones. The pain isn't a pulled or strained muscle and I have no injuries there. I've had this pain and discomfort before but it was about a year ago. Obviously, if the pain continues I'll be calling my doctor tomorrow.

Does this sound like gallstones to you? Something else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:40 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Health

• Yep... that would be my guess. I had really horrible pain with my first gall stone attack. I thought I was going to die. My dh rushed me to the hospital for them to send us home because the pain subsided. UGH!
    Two months later when I no longer had insurance I got the pain you described under my rib on the right side. I refused to go to the hospital because I had no insurance. After four days my mom made me go when I started vomiting. The dr listened to what my symptoms were and immediately said he thought it was gall stones. I laughed at him...gallstones were for old ladies right? Nope he said it is very common for women to get gall stones while pregnant. My baby was three months at the time.
    They did an ultrasound and my GB was infected and the walls were thickening because I waited instead of going in right away. I had emergency surgery the next morning.
    Please don't wait call your dr.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 3:59 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Thanks for your answer. I went to the doctor this morning and she ordered an US on my GB.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 3:49 PM on May. 1, 2009