Alementum

My son was just placed on this formula today. Anyone have experience with it? Does it really work b/c holy lord...it's expensive!

RoseLAnderson

Asked by RoseLAnderson at 3:41 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son was on it. feel free to send me a message and i will answer whatever questions you have :)
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 3:44 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I work at a child care center in the infant room. We have had babies on Alimentum in the past and currently have 1 on it now also. He has been on it for a while now, and he does alot better on it.
    kathynej7142007

Answer by kathynej7142007 at 3:44 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• iv never even heard of it what is it for?
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 3:44 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• My son could only tolerate that, and there was one other to that similar that he could have, and yes it is expensive. I would see if your pediatrician has extra cans possibly.
    Anonymous

• i would get put on wic. you will need a perscription before wic will give it to you but it helps a lot. in our area, it was $28 for a big can. wic gave us 8 cans a month and we would use all of it and then at least 1 or 2 more cans in a month.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 3:54 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• You should be able to work something out with you pediatrician so they can give you "samples" each office visit. This might help make it a little more affordable, even if you only get a week's worth for free. Also, watch your local regularly craigslist, because people who don't need theirs anymore will offer it at a reduced price or for free, and they will also give or sell at a reduced price coupons for things like that.

I know it's a lot of money, but with some baby's that is all they can tolerate.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 4:06 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Yes it does work. My son was on it for almost 2 years. Can you get help from WIC?? That is who helped pay for it for my son.
    sewsewbusy

Answer by sewsewbusy at 6:14 PM on Apr. 30, 2009