My dad is SUPER depressed and its worrying me, bad!!!

In October of 2008, my father who worked for the same company for 25 years got laid off! Shortly after that, he lost his best friend, his dog! The relationship between my parents is HORRIBLE! They live together but have separate bedrooms, in fact they try to avoid each other altogether! Anyway, my mother seems fine, she is still working, not paying any of the bills for their house or gas or power or anything, but my father on the other hand is living off of unemployment, which runs out soon and searching endlessly for a job! Since he has no high school diploma or any education to back up his job experience nobody wants to hire him! He is EXTREMELY DEPRESSED! Does anyone have ANY suggestions that might help him feel better? I cant stand seeing my father this way! I wanna help him! Im worried also because its affecting his health! He has HIGH blood pressure and depression- just to name a few health issues! Please HELP!

sxc_mom_of2

Asked by sxc_mom_of2 at 3:42 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Health

• He needs to work on the depression. There are natural ways to help depression but if he won't do them then he needs to be on medication. This is serious. Make him go to the doctor. If he has no insurance there has to be an indigent medical center in your area.
    Give him a big hug I am sure he needs one.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 3:53 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I wish I could help you, but think we have the same father!
    kamsmw

Answer by kamsmw at 3:49 PM on Apr. 30, 2009