might be tmi but help please

ok ladies sry if this is tmi but im not sure what to do.... ok my issue is i am 30 weeks going on 31 weeks sat and here lately my sex drive is up but i know sex can put you into labor and im worried about that cuz i am only in the beginning of my third trimester... and i don't want my baby to come too soon.. so would it be safe to have intercourse??? also im wanting to be on top and im not sure about that ????

wiggsbabe

Asked by wiggsbabe at 3:43 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• unless there is some reason ur dr has told you sex was unsafe u can have sex up until ur water breaks. jus dont lay on ur back
    mommy806209

Answer by mommy806209 at 3:46 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Yes to both is ok, watch cramping afterward and time it. If inconsistant and irregular you're good!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 3:48 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• IF THE DOCTOR IS GIVING YOU THE OK FOR SEX, THEN GO AHEAD AND ENJOY IT..THOSE DAYS COME FAR AND FEW BETWEEN AFTER THE BABY...
    TAMMSTWINS

Answer by TAMMSTWINS at 3:48 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I was the same way when I was pregnant!!! Dont worry about it! You will hear MANY things that will 'put you in labor' but dont believe everything you hear!!! I would ask your doctor if there are any risks of going early if you have sex... mine said that everything was fine! But every woman and every pregnancy is different!!! I had a friend that was told that if she had sex when she was prego it would poke the baby... LOL the things you hear when you are pregnant!!! LOL I went late with my second child... I was told that if you go over speed bumps fast it would put you in labor... it doesnt work! LOL I would ask your doctor if there are any concerns... they know best!!! Good luck!!! And congrats on the pregnancy! Is this your first? What are you having?
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 3:49 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Having sex is not going to start labor unless your body is ready to have the baby anyway.

Have sex...you won't be having very much for a while after the baby is born...so do it now. wink ;)
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 3:49 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I say go for it! And you on top is probably the best position since you can control the depth of penetration.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 3:56 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• You'll be fine. Just do your thing.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:03 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• If you can have sex go for it, but a condom must be worn, mens semen can start up labor, or just have hime pull out, but we use condoms because of this reason, my ob says its very important not to have semen in your vagina.
    BigSurprise2

Answer by BigSurprise2 at 4:35 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• You do not need a condom. Some older OB's still suggest it but it is no longer the standard recommendation.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 5:26 PM on Apr. 30, 2009