eating disorders..

I am a mother of 5 children, ages ranging from 8-1 month. Since I was 17 years old, I have struggled with my weight; whether from gaining too much weight, to being so skinny people didn't recognize me. Basically what I am here to ask is: what is the first step? Before the birth of my first son, I weighed 106lbs((and even then I felt huge!))...gained 48lbs with him and got my weight down to 122lbs and then gained more weight with the rest of the children...but now, I am 110lbs and I feel huge. I currently attend an Anorexia/Bulimia support group, but it's not doing the job. I still feel obese and have the urge to loose weight.

Anyone ever suffer from what I am suffering from? I need help and fast!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:43 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Health

• For me it took the help of a psychologist to help me identify the underlying issue that was making me think the way I was. Sometimes its not so simple as just "I think I look big". Sometimes there is more to it, and you can't identify it yourself.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 4:05 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I agree, a lot of eating disorders can be related to other things apart from the superficial. You focusing on your weight prevents you from focusing on your real issues underlying it. So this could be something for you.

I think everyone comforts it and has emotional eating issues to an extent and we need to learn to recognise them

A link on emotional eating: http://www.eating-naturally.com/home/2009/3/10/part-one-introduction-to-emotional-eating.html

I would also try to work out and learn about what are the right foods to eat. Some foods can just make you feel fat and bloated and stodgy (usually your comfort foods).

keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 4:15 PM on Apr. 30, 2009