Soooooooooooooooooooooooo. We give Chrysler BILLIONS of Dollars and they still file for bankruptcy

Does anyone else want to tell the government, I told you so?
If the elected Officials work for us, how do we get them to listen.?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:45 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Don't worry, Help Is On the Way. I saw it on TV, so it must be true.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:48 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Sorry, but I have to say it....

I TOLD YOU SO!

I am a huge Chrysler fan. My family drove Chryslers and hubby and I are on our 6th Chrysler/Dodge products. The UAW and the legacy (retirement costs) are strangling our auto industry.

I think Chrysler should have declared Chapter 11 long ago, maybe even Chapter 7. They will have a chance if they can get out from under the UAW and the legacy. There are some other smaller car companies here in the US that would be good examples for them. The result could be a stronger company with a better and lower priced product.

If they can't survive the bankruptcy then that is the way it is. It should be a lesson for other companies. The companies that make smart business decisions survive, the ones that don't go under and a door is opened for someone else. That is good old American Captialism.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 4:02 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Bailouts are bad, mmmkay.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 4:10 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Chrysler LLC filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in New York with the hopes of emerging in as little as 60 days under the new partnership with Fiat. The government, which has already poured $4 billion in loans into Chrysler, would provide up to $8 billion more to carry the company through bankruptcy, said senior administration officials speaking on condition of anonymity. The government will also help appoint a new board of directors. The deals give Chrysler "a new lease on life," Obama said. "I have every confidence that Chrysler will emerge from this process stronger and more competitive," he said.

The real question is who in the hell is going to buy Chrysler vehicles when they emerge from bankruptcy?  As of today we have 6.3 million people collecting unemployment--chances are their credit is damaged and even if they can get a loan, now they will be forced to pay a high interest rate.

Anonymous

• Those who have been lucky enough to continue working, are they willing to go into debt for a new car, in particular a Chrysler? Who in their right mind after experiencing this mess, with no guaranty when or if things are ever going to get back to where they were before is willing to take on the additional expense of a new car and full coverage insurance? Plus, there is no guaranty that Chrysler will be stable after emerging from bankruptcy. Dana Corporation went into bankruptcy restructuring, emerged and still ended up going under. It's really laughable that prior to this crisis, the Gov. wasn't there to help struggling corporations, if they failed they failed, but now, they are willing to keep pouring more money into them. When will they learn that you can't save a rotten boat from sinking. Even if you plug the holes, the boat is still rotten and will spring another leak somewhere.
    Anonymous