Where did Jesus go between the ages 12-30?

I'm now understanding that there is evidence he went to India. There is A LOT of evidence to back up this claim, and they are fascinating to me! They called him Issa, which means god. There is even scripture of this saint Issa, & he told them he was the son of god in those scriptures. I know many will dis-agree, but for those who disagree. Where did Jesus go then? Why is there nothing in the bible that explains this?

I do kind of believe that books of the bible were permanently taken out around the 15th century. There is also evidence that backs up that claim, and i think this is why the bible we read today skips an important part of Jesus's life. At least this is what I've been pondering.

samurai_chica

Asked by samurai_chica at 3:47 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am a believer of the fact that Jesus probably traveled and studied before starting his ministry. I'm sure the fact that he studied Hinduism before his minstry began is left out of the Bible for obvious reasons. I mean, God forbid if Jesus (son of GOD) studied another religion (gasp!). And I really don't know why that is so hard to contemplate for believers. There are many books on the subject. And if you're not interested in reading, there are even some movies available on Youtube (via Discovery or History Channel).

Is it really necessary to be so rude to Samarai or any other posters just because you don't follow their line of thinking?
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 8:29 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I've never heard any such thing before. And, please don't take this personally,but unless it's in the Bible, I'm not going to believe it,either. As I said, nothing personal,if you want to believe that, that's your business,but I'm not falling for something like that. There is a reason why God deliberately left that part of Jesus' life out. We don't know what that reason is, but it is a very good reason,and,maybe when we get to Heaven, God will explain it. Till then, I'm going on faith in His word, that most likely, Jesus spent all that time in Nazareth. If He didn't, it will be revealed to us someday. Other than that, I'm not going to believe any kind of evidence that is man-made. As I said, please don't take this as a personal attack on you,it's just my beliefs.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 3:54 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• The bible in itself is man-made. Comissioned by the roman empire. Some books were in fact left out and some were lost before the comissioning. But i personally would be more inclined to believe that jesus was actually in India, if there is scripture from the area to support it.
    Anonymous

• Stvmen - I find it interesting that you won't believe in any evidence that is man made, and yet the bible was written by *gasp* man.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 4:00 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• At 12 years old Jesus could of stated his minstry in the temple when he challenged the scribes in the temple with his infinite wisdom. Due to obedience to his step-father he went home and lived a normal life until his time came to began his ministry. Between those years Joseph died and he did the duty of the eldest son and helped his mom.
    mommiejay453

Answer by mommiejay453 at 4:01 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• The Bible was written by men who were inspired by God. Every word is God-breathed, given to us by Apostles, Disciples, Prophets,and Jesus Himself. Written by men? Yes, men who wrote as God told them to.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 4:01 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• mommiejay
    where did you get this info?
    Anonymous

• Do you ever study bible history? Everything you read in the bible is worth investigation, you will find out customs and meanings.
    mommiejay453

Answer by mommiejay453 at 4:03 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Do you ever study bible history? Everything you read in the bible is worth investigation, you will find out customs and meanings

the bible does not ACTUALLY say he stayed there until he was 30. That is just some one's interpretation

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:07 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Yes, there is scripture that speaks of Jesus in India. And yes there is STRONG evidence that books were purposely taken out of the bible, becuase they did not want to follow those teachings. So, they simply took them out & forgot about them.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:08 PM on Apr. 30, 2009